- Create a full-length song in Garageband that is 2-3 mins long – (to view time go to Control –> Show Time in LCD)
- The song should work for a specific genre of music as opposed to just random clips assembled together. For example, you should create a rock, country, or electronic song.
- The song should have distinctly different parts of the song (parts that are emphasized or de-emphasized or repeated). "Real" music has verse, middle, and chorus sections.
- The song must contain at least 8 different tracks. Most songs will have have more than eight sections.
- You should include at least one sample, voice, or musical instrument
- You should include at least one instance of voice or real instrument
- At least 2 of the tracks must change volume multiple times throughout the song – click on the downward pointing arrow at the end of the track icons to make a track’s volumne fade in or out
- At least one track must include a segment that loops – usually created by clicking in the upper left corner of a region and dragging to the right.
Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Garageband Assignment #1
Posted by Trent at 1:18 PM