Spend 45 minutes to read the following articles and watch the videos below. Take short notes on each suggestion. A few of the readings/videos repeat the same points. Also, make sure you look up the vocabulary words below so that you can understand the material. Please add these terms to your notes as well.
11 Landscape Hints
10 Landscape Tips
Terms to look up and learn:
Depth of Field
National Geographic Landscape Tips
Creative Composition Video
Photo 101 Video
Spend 45 minutes going outside to shoot 24-30 landscape shots from the baseball, football, and softball fields.
- Make sure each shot has a large depth of field. In other words, make sure even the background objects are in focus.
- In each shot make sure you have foreground, midground, and background objects.
- (Most Landscape shots will have water, trees, and mountains. However, just do the best with what Shorecrest has to offer).
- Do not center the horizon. Place it in the upper or lower third.
- Look for lines on the ground or even in the sky.
- Use tripods as needed.
- Turn in a Landscape Practice CS at the end of the period