Fashion Magazine AssignmentYou are working for a fashion magazine that sells clothing to a specific audience. Your job together is to shoot two picture spreads to sell two different styles of clothing and accessories. This includes pants, coats, shirts, scarfs, shoes, socks, belts, dresses, shorts, and anything else a person can wear.
10 suggestions for a great photo shoot.
Eight suggestions to create a solid fashion shoot.
Please look through, watch, and read about the following fashion shoots.
Kala Makeup Fashion Portfolio
Beyond The Sea
In the Trenches
GQ: Best Suits
Details Magazine: Jeans
Your pictures should show a variety of composition and also showcase a variety of ways to light your subject. Please review lighting techniques here.
Please review portrait tips here.
You must choose a partner from class.
You will model for each other on Wednesday and Friday.
You will shoot one day outdoors and one day in the studio.
Your location away from school needs to be unique and interesting on it's own.
Get creative. Play dress up. Dress stylishly and/or uniquely.
On Monday you will get together with your partner and answer the following questions. You will email me your responses during class time.
1. What are your names?
2. What types of clothing are you trying to sell?
3. What day are you using the studio?
4. What specific clothing will you wear each day? What accessories will you bring to enhance your shoot?
5. Where do you want to shoot outside of school? Why?
6. How will you ensure that you give 100% on this project? What can you do to make these pictures the best pictures you've taken in class?
7. How will you use lighting to make your pictures interesting? Be specific.
Bring your cameras Thursday and Tuesday. If you are shooting away from school you can go directly to your shooting location. One extra Fashion Shoot away from school is required as well. You will turn in these pictures on May 21st.