Fashion Magazine AssignmentYou are working for a fashion magazine that sells clothing to a specific audience. Your job together is to shoot two picture spreads to sell two different styles of clothing and accessories. This includes pants, coats, shirts, scarfs, shoes, socks, belts, dresses, shorts, and anything else a person can wear.
Your pictures should show a variety of composition and also showcase a variety of ways to light your subject. Please review lighting techniques here.
Please review portrait tips here.
Please look through, watch, and read about the following fashion shoots.
Beyond The Sea
In the Trenches
You must choose a partner from class.
You will model for each other on Thursday and Tuesday.
You will shoot one day outdoors and one day in the studio.
Your location away from school needs to be unique and interesting on it's own.
Get creative. Play dress up. Dress stylishly and/or uniquely.
Please get together with your partner and answer the following questions using Text Edit. This is due on Tuesday/Wednesday.
1. What are your names?
2. What two magazines are you shooting pictures for? Why? What types of clothing are you trying to sell?
3. What day are you using the studio?
4. What specific clothing will you wear each day? What accessories will you bring to enhance your shoot?
5. Where do you want to shoot outside of school? Why?
6. How will you ensure that you give 100% on this project? What can you do to make these pictures the best pictures you've taken in class?
7. How will you use lighting to make your pictures interesting? Be specific.
Bring your cameras Thursday. If you are shooting away from school you can go directly to your shooting location.